Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

More fun with mice.. FC6

Thread: More fun with mice.. FC6

Associate

More fun with mice.. FC6

I have a tangen mouse 2 wheels, one of which gives me a click, 2 top, and 2 side buttons. Since the scroll wheels count as buttons this means I have a 9 button mouse. I'm not sure if x86 supports a protocol yet for this. I've heard that the highest is by using ExplorerPS/2 which get's you 7 buttons.

When I go to xev and view my buttons I get buttons 1,2,3 (normal) 4,5 (both scroll wheels) 8,9 side buttons.

I have my xconf at:
    Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
    Option "Buttons" "9"
    Option "ButtonMapping" "1 2 3 8 9 4 5"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

I was hoping by switching the 8 9 4 5 out It would recognize 8 and 9 as back and forward but no such luck.

My question is where is ExplorerPS/2 defined? How do I find a list of other protocols? If xev can register all my buttons why can't xwindows?

Associate
    Well I finally fixed my problem after a few hours of tinkering. I ended up getting my intended results with

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse1"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
    Option "ButtonMapping" "1 2 3 6 7"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    EndSection

Taking out the buttons 9 allowd the buttons on the side to be referenced at 6 and 7 correctlly!

I am stil curious about where ExplorerPS/2 is defined. Becuse I'd like to see support for my 2 scroll wheels. I know that's a lot to ask for but I would like to option to map these to different functions.

You could always use Xmodmap to change the function of the button. Just a thought.
    arrogance breeds ignorance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Associate
    Well I think first I have to make that button avaliable. I'm interested in finding out the source code to protocol 'ExplorerPS/2'.
    When I go to evn and press my mouse buttons both of my scroll wheels register as buttons 4/5. In windows one scolls fast and the other slow.
    My guess would be that ExplorerPS/2 doens't know how to read the feed back from the mouse and justs wraps any wheel movement in to one wheel. I should be able to add a second wheel option provided I can figure out the signal...

gehang

you maybe want to look at the evdev driver, it's quite an improved design (thank you Red Hat people)
    Why are you not using Fedora Core?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.