this is misbah, i am new to linux world and presently i am facing a problem when compiling my code in linux 2.4.8-20 in red hat linux the object file generated is not supporting the kernel version hence i cant be able to insert the module.
please give any solution to this as soon as possible.
thanks in advance
Thanks for joining. It would be really good to provide the text presented on the screen when you are trying to do the compilation. Please check the forum guidelines for other tips that could help other members know what's happening.
Here are some things that would really help:
- What programming language / application are you using?
- What are you trying to achieve with the program?
- What's the screen out put look like?
- What does the dmesg command show?
- Does the /var/log/messages file show any the type of error too?
Let us know all this, and we'll do all we can to help!