Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate having the flu

I hate having the flu

So.. I thought I wouldn't have to get the flu this year, a marvel of modern technology since I battle it every year for 2 weeks to a month around this time. But yesterday like clockwork my sinuses got clogged up like they were filled with cement.. fever, coughing.. joy
    Why are you not using Fedora Core?

My blog

Sorry to hear that. Sme thing happens to me, but earlier on the year
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

the best thing I've found is inhaling stream, it seems to work best if you put a towel over your head while doing it to get that sauna feel.. also drop a few tea bags in there , it gives a nice soothing feel.

My blog

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lovechild View Post
    the best thing I've found is inhaling stream, it seems to work best if you put a towel over your head while doing it to get that sauna feel.. also drop a few tea bags in there , it gives a nice soothing feel.
    and you can drink it after !

for me when I feel the flue comming I got outside and run for a good hour wearing a jumper big socks and thick trousers to make me sweat a lot...after that a good hot bath...and then comes the recipie: you mix rhum with lemon juice hot water and honey (or sugar as you like)...and drink a lot of it...and go to bed.
    The morning after the flue is gone!
    now for the hangover it is another recipie

oh joy.. it turns out I do not have the flu, it's far worse, over the past week my face has puffed up to a delicate red painful mess making me a desirable sex object. You know it bad when you go to the doctor and her initial words are... "HOLY.. <censored>".

I'm now on antibiotics and I also got some cream which makes my face feel remarkably like it was dunked in a vat of acid (and yes I do know what that feels like.. don't ask). On competent medical advice I stopped using the cream since in the words of a nurse "That can't be good".

My blog

Wow. sorry to hear that :/
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Sounds like really, really bad sinusitis. Is it getting better now?

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Sounds like really, really bad sinusitis. Is it getting better now?
    It's some kind of infection, the doctor doesn't really know what it is but with antibiotics it seems to be getting better. I have been on a course of pills three times a day for the past two days and I have about 8 days to go but I expect to be fine by Monday or so.

My blog

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Sorry that you're not feeling good. Get well soon.
    Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.
    Hooked on Linux Registered Linux User #299372

Kind Mastermind
    I decided to reply to this thread for two reasons:

1. There's a banner across the top of every single page telling me that I haven't posted anything in several weeks. I'm trying to get rid of that dang banner.

2. The second reason (hence the use of the 2) is because we are friends. As a friend, I must say that I'm happy you don't have the flu. I am concerned, though, that you are taking antibiotics and yet the medical professionals don't know what it is. I guess it's better to try something than to just sit back and observe. I hope your condition improves dramatically.

Do you get the opportunity to get the flu shot? I'm not certain if it really works or not. After I get it (and I get it every year, along with my Anthrax vaccination...I hate sheep) I usually feel funky (not in the Motown tradition, unfortunately) for about a week and then I'm fine. Of course, I get colds and sinus infections. When will they come up with a cure for those two? That would make my life grand...no more worrying about sheep, the flu, getting a cold or having my head feel like it's going to explode. I am curious about one thing, though...who in the DoD has the sheep fetish? I haven't seen a live sheep in years yet I still get the shot. I guess terrorists have a lot of excess sheep that they strap onto the pointy ends of rockets and launch at each other. Doesn't sound very fun to me. Oh well.

Cheers,
    Jim
    The one serious conviction that a man should have is that nothing is to be taken too seriously.
    Where facts are few, experts are many.