Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Windows Ready for the desktop?

Thread: Windows Ready for the desktop?

Windows Ready for the desktop?

Windows from a linux users perspective.

http://os.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/05/18/2033216

Mentor

m$ is catching up?

Thank you sir, that was a hoot. But really the Linux community should be worried hat some day one of the m$ distros may be a real threat to our way of life.
    F/OSS for ever!

Microsoft can never compete with something that is free. As well they'd need to include about 100 more programs with the OS to even come close.

This is a great read thou, the best part of it are the comments.

The Linux users are laughing in the comments

The Mac users are pimping macs in the comments

and the windows users are militent in the comments.

I say, to each his own.

Read it! Loved it! Emailed it to lots of people. Thanks.
    Everything I learn gives me another way to say \"OOPS!\" :oops:

Yea, it was pretty accurate....

The linux desktop lie?

This one really set them off at Linuxtoday.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/workt...in-andy23.html
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Mentor

Thank you JRO

Had to read it twice, must be getting old in my slow age.

Well written and probably a very true viewpoint of where the desktop/laptops of the average user is to be found.

Working across a number of operating systems/servers and applications, as I do, I have to admit the average Joe/Jane is a dunderhead. Generally they don't know where to plug the three pronged thingy into WHAT? or WHERE?, and the Almighty has to help them find the restroom! The snackbar is another matter. USB?, Firewire?, <any-key?>, just provides a lot of us with a pretty good living doesn't it?

You said it jeager, I don't mind the highly computer illiterate, as long as they are willing to give me lots of money to work on their computers. I did a service call back in the day for a guy who complained that the bass was too loud on his computer speakers. Charged him $50 for a house call to turn down the volume on his subwoofer. I was heralded as a genious after I got done.
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Ain't it wonderful? Had one the other day that couldn't get the mouse plug into the connector on the back of her computer so she forced it. Almost every pin in the male connector was squished. A handy dandy little tool I have strightened them out and lo and behold -- A Hero was born!