Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Migrating X/Window Applications from Solaris to Linux

Thread: Migrating X/Window Applications from Solaris to Linux

Migrating X/Window Applications from Solaris to Linux

Hi,

I am working at Tata Power Company ( Strategic Electronics Division ), India.

I have been engaged in developing X/Motif ( Motif 1.2 ) based GUI applications on Solaris (OS 2.7). We are planning to shift some of them to Linux platform. Understanding technology for porting work has attracted me to this Linux form.

The gui design files are created using Sun Visual Workshop and creation code is also generated through it. I have come across some Motif development tools on Linux but I want to know will they support my design files.

Are there any tools on Linux platform which can recognise these design files and generte the code for Linux platform? If no, what is the method to migrate them to Linux platform?

Regards,
    Rajesh G Manwani.

manwanirg@yahoo.com
    manwanirg@indiatimes.com

I don't know the product at all, but I did a quick google search for - "sun Visual Workshop" "file formats" linux - as I figured you want to do some file conversion to some other package.

The resume of Michael Gaskill turned up. He seems to have a lot of experience, and if you are lucky, he may give you some free advice.

I have also got to know about the mentioned person thru goolge search but no email-id is mentioned anywhere to contact him.

You might want to try a programmers forum, like http://www.motifdeveloper.com/BulletinBoard/

I think there are very few pro programmers that come to this board.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.