Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Insalling Intel graphics driver
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insalling Intel graphics driver

Insalling Intel graphics driver

I've gotten my Mac Mini to dual-boot into FC6, but the resolution on the video card will only display in 640x480. I downloaded drivers for it from here

Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller.

Intel makes no clams about this working with FC6 but I thought I would download it anyway and see what's what. I just have a ton of files that I extracted from the .tar archive and I don't know what to do next.

Help a newbie. Please.

Thanks,
    JJJ

Good Guru
    This Intel support page showed how to install the driver for it. It's about 2/3 of the page down. Check it out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

1) Copy the driver binary (intel_drv.o) to the X server's modules/driver
    directory. The default installation location is
    /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers. This location can vary so check
    your system for the proper path.

This path does not exist so I'm dead in my tracks for the time being. Where is the x server's /modules/drivers directory in FC6?

Good Guru
    I don't run FC6 so I can't verify it for you. May be someone who runs it will post it (hopefully). LC?
    Last edited by Compunuts; 11-16-2006 at 04:15 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

What do you run? If I can't get FC6 to play nice with my graphics adapter, I may try another distro.

Try editing your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.
    Comment out the line that starts with the word "mode".
    Restart X. <ctrl><alt><backspace>

You could start to see the resolution options then.

FC6 is a little screwy. The default drivers may work just fine without you having to go through the pain.

Thanks Canela, but my xorg.conf file is read-only. I tried using the 'sudo' command to open and edit it, but the file is blank when I do it this way. However the file contains data when I open it read-only. Thoughts?

I'm not sure, sudo should work. Maybe you used the incorrect filename when you tried.

Try 'su', or use 'sudo -s' to get a superuser shell. On second thought, don't even use sudo. A new user isn't added to the sudoers file by default, and that's just another step. Rather login as root, or type 'su' after logging in to give yourself root privilages. Then edit your xorg.conf.
    arrogance breeds ignorance

Quote Originally Posted by Compunuts View Post
    I don't run FC6 so I can't verify it for you. May be someone who runs it will post it (hopefully). LC?
    /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers
    arrogance breeds ignorance