Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Access log in squid 2.5

Thread: Access log in squid 2.5

Access log in squid 2.5

I am new to this forum, so firstly, hi 2 all. i am also fairly new to Linux (so sorry if I ask questions that has been asked hundreds of times already - just point me to the right direction) thanks in advance.

I have setup FC4 with squid 2.5. I have setup sarg to give me reports from squid's access log. My problem is I would like to have a month's records in the access log before squid rotates logs. My access log grew to 1.2 Mb and then created a new one after a week. I am not sure where / what to change to keep the same access log for at least a month. I had a look in squid.conf, but it is not obviuos to me what to change to achieve above mentioned.

The logs are rotated by a nightly cron job using the script named
    Code:
    /etc/cron.daily/logrotate
    Its main configuration file is
    Code:
    /etc/logrotate.conf
    You can get help on how to configure it using the command
    Code:
    man logrotate
    Pay attention to the "weekly", "daily", "monthly" keywords. There is also a "rotate" keyword that defines the number of rotations to keep. For example
    Code:
    weekly
    rotate 4
    keeps 4 weeks of logs, (1 active and 3 archives).

There is also a "compress" keyword that is used to gzip (or is it zip?) the archived logs.

Many packages have their individual logrotate configuration files. and these are located in this directory
    Code:
    /etc/logrotate.d
    These files override the settings in the /etc/logrotate.conf file for each package specified in /etc/logrotate.d

Squid should have a file in there named "squid". The keywords mentioned above will apply.

thank u.

this helps a lot, think my problem is solved, will c at the end of the week if I made the right changes