Thread: OpenFree Directory

OpenFree Directory

I have just finished testing a links directory add-on for OpenFree to which members can recommend links to their own sites.

Please take a look and let me know what you feel. If it looks OK, I'll make it live next week.

Any suggestions for new categories or criteria for inclusion would be welcome.

Cool stuff. Did you write it yourself or is it from a FLOSS project?
    "In the heat of conversation I may have said certain things I believe to be untrue. The alleged lie that you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago ... thats a parasite that lives in my neck." -- Tad Ghostal

Unfortunately it's not FLOSS. I had a hard time finding a package that supported CAPTCHA and had cron based automatic reciprocal link checking. I also wanted something that was supported by more than one individual. The Sourceforge packages came out lacking.

The product is called eSyndicat and cost $49. I tried installing linkautomate, but it required 777 protection on files, even if the apache group had rwx. I also tried the Comdev software link directory product, but it didn't have a search engine friendly feature and was slow in rendering pages. Both had the CAPTCHA and reciprocal link checking.

I could have written something in PHP if I had a couple months of after work free time, but I'm in the middle of a big project at work and I'm also enrolled in a basic Java course. I figured the $49 was very reasonable.

Let's see how it stands up.

The directory is now open. Please add your links and let me know how it works for you.

If there are any problems, please post it to this thread.

Thanks.

hi

Hi,

Really it is good idea