Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Safe to Delete Dell Utility Partition

Thread: Safe to Delete Dell Utility Partition

Safe to Delete Dell Utility Partition

I would like to know if its safe to do this to not only be able to have 4 Prime Partitions.Afterwards I it would look like this when finished if possible all booting by GRUB.Should I install Windows XP first and does this effect the BIOS when the Dell Utility is Deleted.

Windows XP
    BSD
    Linux
    Solaris

Good Guru
    I'd not recommend doing it. Unless you have compelling reason such as shortage of disk space or you have original CD that you can do totally re-install of your system, just for the sake of having 4 primary partitions, I wont' do it. ONLY Windows required you reside OS files on primary partitions. All the rest can happily reside and work very will from extended partitions. GRUB reside in MBR (Master Boot Record) so the dell partition would not interfere in that case.

And yes, you should install Windows first.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

The Dell partition is usually used just to run diagnostics w/o booting from the Dell cd. If you have a Dell cd and no problembooting from it to do diagnostics, you have no use for the Dell partition.
    UNLESS your Dell system did not include a Windows CD, but just a hidden partition with the Windows installation. If that is the case, you would loose your way of reinstalling Windows.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Yes I have the Dell Cd that came with it

Dell ships a utilities CD. However, the Windows cd is not the same. Lately, they have made the cusotmers pay extra for it, so it is not included by default. Make sure you have the actual Windows reinstallation cd.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.