Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatars

I'm thinking of allowing avatars for forum members with less than 100 posts.

My concerns about avatars potentially hampering the performance of the server have not materialized, and the bandwidth hasn't been as bad as I feared. OK, dont say I told you so.

What do you feel about this? I know there was general agreement that there should be avatars, just disagreement on the number of posts that should trigger it.

What do you feel should be the minimum number of posts that should trigger this feature?

My sites:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'd say between 15-20. That should show enough commitment.No spammer or fly by night is gonna waste 20 posts just to get an avatar.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Good Guru
    I don't really see the need to have limit on posts, just the limit on avatar size would be good enough. I mean, after all, not that many care about having avatars' size and stuff. As long as I have distinsive identification, I could care less what is the size and post. That's just me though.

- The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

Good Guru
    Just allow them. What does it matter? If the spammer uploads an avatar, delete it when you ban the account.

And how many spammers would go to the extra trouble. No post minimum is my vote

OK, I have enabled avatars after the first post. Avatars will only be visible to members who are logged in. The FAQ page has also been updated.

My sites:
    -

I don't see any avatars.

Some members may not have the feature activated.

This can be done by following these links after you log in:

Code:
    My Profile -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Options
    Then select "Display Avatars" and save.

My sites:
    -

Good Guru
    Why bluescreen's post count show 0 instead of 1 if he is already posted at least one?

- The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

Yes, why's that?