Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

I'm Back!

Thread: I'm Back!

I'm Back!

Hi, folks. It's been a looong time since my last post, and since I was an active member here - imagine my surprise when I went looking for Linux Junior only to find everything had moved to OpenFree.org. A lot has happened since last I was here, but I won't bore you with all of it. Suffice it to say that a Force 4 hurricane can really rearrange your life when you live on the Gulf Coast. Glad that's finally coming to a close now that we have moved into a permanent address with broadband access again. Now if I can just get that router working with this wonky cable service.... but enough of that.

The good news is that out of chaos came new hardware - I now own a nice little laptop (http://www2.netdoor.com/~horus/Gateway_3522GZ.html has the writeup on my Linux installation and how well or poorly everything works). We even managed to save most of our anime collection, all our old computers, and all my musical equipment(!)

I'm doing some new things with Linux - learning Ruby, for one. Actually attempting to get my head around OOP has been a real pain in the keester, though.

I've been given a new hat to wear at work: handheld computer guy. We have a fleet of about 250 Wistron iX104/iXq04C2 ruggedized handhelds running either XP Pro or Pentablet Edition (if you never have to fool with it, don't.) At least it's computer work and I get to learn about this fascinating wireless network of ours in the bargain...

Anyhoo, I'll be attempting to be more active than I was, and to start fielding questons I can answer and generally try to make myself useful around here again. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community again.

Just had a quick look at my home page to verify the link I posted above. Looks like an update of my pages is in order. Oh, well... back to work.

Later On,
    Dave
    Addiction to the truth can be painful.

Good Guru
    Hi, welcome back. Sorry to hear about your lost but glad that you're doing okay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

It's good to see you're back. I had the eye of a category 5 hurricane (Gilbert) blow straight over my house once. No water for 3 months, no electricity for 6. It takes courage and hard work to get your life back on track after an any natural disaster.

My sites:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    -

Good Guru
    WTF is a hurricane? Do we get those up in Wisconsin? Is that when it snows a bunch?

:lol:

We dont get that bad of weather up here. Blizzards suck, but one can deal with em pretty easily without going dry or dark for months. At worst its a day of crap.

For some reason I am les and less inclined to go head south ;D Or west ... fires, mudslides, and quakes ...

Good Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Schotty View Post
    For some reason I am les and less inclined to go head south ;D Or west ... fires, mudslides, and quakes ...
    Only in certain areas ....

But sunshine and beaches make up for it. :P Plus I don't need to carry a ton of clothes on me.

- The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

Thanks!

I knew I could count on you all to make me welcome again. Glad to see the change from Linux Junior has had a good effect on the community.

Later On,
    Dave
    Addiction to the truth can be painful.

Here in MO. we have to worry about Tornados also, along with snow, freezing cold/rain in the winter!
    Microsoft aims to 'borg' Yahoo in $44.6 Billion deal
    "We are Microsoft. Resistance is futile"