Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Boot External Drive

Thread: Boot External Drive

Boot External Drive

If I was to install debian on an external hard drive /dev/sda1, but use current /dev/hda mbr for grub and add the external drive to grub, will the ext. drive work during boot up? Or how can I get it to boot?

The ext. drive is using usb port.

Thnx.
    Microsoft aims to 'borg' Yahoo in $44.6 Billion deal
    "We are Microsoft. Resistance is futile"

I think it should. You might need to add the usb modules to the initrd. Then again, you might not...
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Thnx. I will try it and let you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    I think it should. You might need to add the usb modules to the initrd. Then again, you might not...
    Sorry for late reply but you were right, adding the usb modules to initrd was the solution.

Thnx.