Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

New RSS News Forum

Thread: New RSS News Forum

New RSS News Forum

There wasn't much feedback on the news feed forum, so instead of giving up hope, I decided to give it a try. With suggestions from shebang, the new forum includes the following links:
    • Lxer - Linux News from a wide variety of sources
    • Tectonic Southern Hemisphere Technology News
    • Slashdot Technology News
    • New Scientist Science News
    • Gizmodo Gadget News
    • Digg Techology News
    • Tech Crunch Web Company Gossip
    Three stories from each source are downloaded three times a day. 60 stories a day shouldn't be too overwhelming.

I chose a cross section of technology news sources to make it livelier. I also chose sources that were updated daily to prevent old posts being repeatedly downloaded.

Let me know what you think. If I get complaints from the feed sources, I may be required to alter the assortment.

My sites:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The feature also updates the "New Posts" list, which can skew the results of that search. I have disabled the feature until I can figure out how to get around the "New Posts" problem.

Will have an update soon.

My sites:
    -

Thanks Peter!
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

I followed Compunuts' suggestion and have done a test installation of the Planet RSS aggregator which can be seen at http://blogs.openfree.org.

It currently updates every six hours and currently pulls only from the forums. If you want to add your blog to the feed, please follow the links on the page.

It currently is set to save 7 days worth of feeds.

Let me know what you think.

My sites:
    -

Good Guru
    Great.

Although I don't really think we need to feed it from the forum, I mean why redundancy?

It would be nice to pull from other interesting web blogs (although I don't have any specific link to give you ATM) or do it as news feeds. It would be interesting to do forum, news feeds and blog feeds. Careful with those feeds though it can be overwhelming.

Will post more thoughts later. Gotta catch some sleep since it's already 1:30 and I need to be at work by 7 AM. Darn !!!

- The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

FYI

I have added the following blogs to blogs.openfree.org:
    • Codergeek
    • Compunuts
    • jro
    • Kernel Killer
    • Lovechild
    • Schotty
    • Shebang
    I must admit I feel a bit stupid. I did a search for "blogs" on the forum and found this thread which makes the very same suggestion.

http://www.openfree.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15254

Anyway, if you want your blog added, just send me a note.

My sites:
    -

The feed goes back 14 days. If you think it should be longer, let me know.

My sites:
    -