Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

regarding crond

Thread: regarding crond

regarding crond

I have centralised logging using syslog-ng.for one of the clients i m getting the following message on my centralised logging server.

crond[15062]:","Authentication token is no longer valid; new one required

Kindly tell me the way to remove this message.
    Regards
    Love wadhwa

Most likely, whatever application cron is running, needs its user to change password.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

regarding crond

changed the password of the user thru which cron was running.but i m still getting the same messages in my centralised logging.Kindly help.
    regards
    Love Wadhwa
    Redhat Certified Engg.

I don't think is a cron error. I think you need to change the password for whatever application cron is scheduling.
    For example, if cron is scheduling mailman, you wuld need to change the password for mailman.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

regarding crond

hi
    u were definitely right.It solved my problem.actually i set password aging for users and then these logs resulted.can i know the reason why it happened.means what password aging has to do with crons of these users.