Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Changes Coming to the Foo - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changes Coming to the Foo

Hang on a tick... have we lost our minds? You want to use a licensed software to use on a Linux website? What do you mean limited to the phpbb community? I bet they have more than those phone techs you'll get. Besides, if you ever have any technical problem, just as Jro!

If the foo is going licensed, what has the world come to?
    My Website: http://ttgale.com
    My Website Uptime: http://img.uptimeprj.com/holastickbo...dee9bae2e2.png
    My Server Specs: AMD Athlon X2 3800+, 2gb DDR2 RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Ubuntu 9.10
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz, 4gb DDR2 RAM, 9800GTX+

Quote Originally Posted by beezlebubsbum
    Hang on a tick... have we lost our minds? You want to use a licensed software to use on a Linux website? What do you mean limited to the phpbb community? I bet they have more than those phone techs you'll get. Besides, if you ever have any technical problem, just as Jro!

Mcangeli is teh PHP bada$$ around here, if he can't figure it out, I couldn't do much better than drool on myself.
    jro - http://jeff.robbins.ws
    Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Any help needed I'm here. Will do any grunt work nessesary. I am slightly experienced in php/mysql and can follow instuctions well.

Mentor

I need help also! Lots and lots of help.

Wildheart, When will you be in Louisiana? I am trying to learn the Apache - MYSQL - PHP thing and not having much luck.

Mark, Beez.... has a good point! I am not too thrilled with anything other than F/OSS. But you are the MAN.

I tought myself what I do know by ripping apart Torrent Trader and figuring out how it works.
    Check out my site http://boxbit.org . Its backend code is from bogaa(dot)org with a couple modeifications and I did the frontend. So Fatal Error you should just grab a php/mysql script and rip it apart like it was your parents VCR many years ago and see how it works!

As for the OSS thing. it is nice to OSS but sometimes you gotta pay for something that you want. VB's way better then phpbb and its just as customizable as well the 'OFFICIAL' support is handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildheart
    ... VB's way better then phpbb and its just as customizable as well the 'OFFICIAL' support is handy.
    I thought you were going to talk about Visual Basic being better than PHP or something, before I read on when you mention phpbb. I almost crapped my pants like Fatal did before he started wearing depends. But no, seriously, Visual Basic is a horrible, horrible thing. vBulliten, on the other hand (from what I have been seeing) it pretty damn cool.
    jro - http://jeff.robbins.ws
    Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Quote Originally Posted by beezlebubsbum

It has nothing to do with OPensource over closed. It has to do with the right tool for the job. I like where VB has been and has gone and is going.

I'm not too happy with the things that have happened lately with phpbb (and the mods we were using) and this latest round of headaches is something I didn't need.

A wise *nix guru once told me to use the right tool for the job. Whether its opensource or not. And I am.

Besides the stability that comes with a VB install, I like the way it looks.