Thread: regarding hardware raid

regarding hardware raid

hi
    i need to know that if my hardware raid has been configured by some other company can there be some solution if i do need to chk my raid status.Means the company which has configured hardware raid for me doesn't continually chk it.so i need a method by which i can chk status of hardware raid.One solution is that they give me login to the raid hardware. but i need to know is there any other solution besides this.

Depending on the hardware, some manufacturers have software that allows you to manage it from within the OS. I believe Dell's do.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

regarding hardware raid

Thanx trickster for ur response.I do need to know one thing.I have my hardware raid of HP.I just needed to know if this vendor provides that software or not.
    Thanx in advance.Waitin 4 ur reply

I don't really have any experience with HP. My recommendation is that you go to their website and check the support options for the server model you have, and see if they have any raid software available for it.

You may also want to check this link:

http://kylecordes.com/2006/05/03/smartarray-linux/
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

hp or not, doesnt matter, HP uses various chipsets for their raid arrays, stating what company you bought the machine from does not tell us what chipset your raid is using

if you tell us that information, then we can answer your question

thanx

Thanx for ur support.I m highly obliged.Really thanx.
    regards
    Love Wadhwa
    RedHat Certified Engg.