Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Startup App

Thread: Startup App

Startup App

I'm running Debian & Fluxbox and would like to know how or where I add gnome-volume-manager so it will start after booting? I have to manually start it in cli.

Thnx.
    Microsoft aims to 'borg' Yahoo in $44.6 Billion deal
    "We are Microsoft. Resistance is futile"

what you run doesnt matter as much as how it is started

im going to venture to guess that you are just using startx, which is reading your .xinitrc file which is where you need to supply such settings, if using a desktop manager such as xdm/gdm/kdm then .xsession

alternatively you can add it to a script in fluxbox

http://fluxbox.org/docs/en/faq.php#startup

I am using gdm and will give it a shot. Another question, do I add the '&' behind the command?

Thnx.

bbrun &
    wmCalClock &
    wmnet -x 70000 -d 300000 -L cablemodem -w &
    wmxmms &

always after, the example .xinitrc should help, though in your case it will be .xsession often its wise to just symlink the two

Thnx. That seems to have it working...

Good Guru
    Since we are on that topic .... something really bug me for a while ...

How do you define which workspace to have the program to open? For example, I use Gnome Desktop Switcher with 10 desktops. I have one with Email, 2 for Web, 3 for Admin, 4 for Data, 5 for webdev and so on ..... So if I want, say, Sylpheed to open in desktop1 and Firefox to open in desktop2, Gnome Terminal on desktop3. How do I do that?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

i suppose that would be a function of the window manager, some of the *box based ones support that waimea and fluxbox come to mind, you can right click and window and choose to save its settings, ie window size, location ect ect