Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Modem in suse 9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modem in suse 9

Modem in suse 9

Hi I saw a similar topic in this forum but my problem is a litle deifferent.
    I have an Intel modem on my pc.
    I tried to connect to Internet with FC3 but couldnot.
    I installed Suse 9 which installs the modem driver.
    Now when I try to connect to internet through a dial up connection,
    after it tries, it prints this message:
    No carrier

I donot know what does it mean.Can anyone help?
    This will be over soon, and then I can ...

Last edited by trickster; 08-25-2006 at 09:55 PM.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Have you checked the link yourself ?

Nope. I don't have a problem with my modem.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Good Guru
    I agree with Trickster. Have you followed those steps yet?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

Hi
    Sorry for that,
    When I first tried to open the link it had no contents but now there is what I want.
    Thanks for your help
    Last edited by omidkamangar; 08-27-2006 at 08:10 PM.

Hi it is again me with my problem on modems.
    My modem is now working under suse 9.0 but I'd prefer to use FC instead,
    so I decided to buy a new modem for my dial up connection.
    Now can anyone tell me which modems work fine under FC ?

Your current modem should work under FC with just a little bit of configuration. Any modem supported under linux should work fine under FC.

Unhappy

It works fine under Suse 9.0 because I have the driver for 2.4.x kernels.
    Now I have downloaded a new driver from Intels web site for 2.6.x kernels but when I try to compile it , I get some error messages.
    It says that two commands "rmmod" and "depmod" cannot be found.
    I donot know what to do with this modem because I have been trying to connect to internet through linux for a long time but not succeeded so much.

What is the model of the modem?