Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

opening port in redhat server running samba

Thread: opening port in redhat server running samba

Unhappy opening port in redhat server running samba

i had tried using utorrent in a computer running winxp sp2 in my LAN. but it (utorrent) complained that it cannot open tcp port for torrent service which I set to port 12242. how can i open this port in the redhat server?

*sorry for my bad english..

the ip address is setup for the computer to obtain dns and ip address automatic. i don't use static ip address and the computer also connected by using Planet switch at the server.

I assume you mean that a Red Hat box is sharing its internet conection with a Windows box, and you need that port open on the redhat box.
    If that is the case, you can do

Code:
    iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 12242 -j ACCEPT
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

hmm where should i apply these script?
    on samba or redhat?

umm you run that on the redhat server, on a command line, as root

ok thank buddies!