Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Help Needed for setting up a Radius Server for Authentication

Thread: Help Needed for setting up a Radius Server for Authentication

Hybrid View

Help Needed for setting up a Radius Server for Authentication

Hi, i'm currently doing a project which requires me to setup a server on a linux platform.I have setup a computer with a linux OS (FC5).Have installed Radius to it but I realise that i need a user database to help do AAA. Authentication is very important to me because i will only allow certain people to gain access to my network.

Problem is I really know nuts about it.If i'm not wrong from the research that i did, i'm able to setup a user database using radius itself.(correct me if i'm wrong). Can someone give me some guidance of how to go about it. Detailed steps will be appreciated.

how i install it.
    1)./configure
    2)make
    3)su (switch to root user)
    4)make install

Good Guru
    Which radius server did you install? FreeRadius ? If so, FreeRadius have a web based admin tool called DialupAdmin .

HTH ..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

Yap i'm using freeradius.Is Dialup Admin a web interface to add a database of new user and password?If that is so, that means i dont have to do modification to radiusd.conf,clients.conf,users.conf.(am i right?)

Good Guru
    Yeap, yeap and yeap ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!