Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

apache isn't reachable from the internet
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: apache isn't reachable from the internet

Associate

Question apache isn't reachable from the internet

What do I have to do to make my web server reachable from the net?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by GNEEOT; 06-10-2006 at 08:05 AM.

How is your web server connected to the internet?
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Good Guru
    Setup your router to forward to that machine.

Open the firewall (if active) on that machine.

Have Apache listening on that ethernet device.

Thats it pretty much. I would have some free space for logging. I personally recommend saving the logs to either its own partition or a NFS mount, just so that they can never get too large and crash the server.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good Guru
    Check here .

If you need specific help, post away ..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

Associate
    ADSL router.
    Web server is on the same machine with firewall.
    Firewall is opened but web server, still, isn't reachable from the net.
    How can I check if apache is listening on right interface, port?
    And, How can I check if DNS is confugured properly?
    Last edited by GNEEOT; 06-10-2006 at 09:20 AM.

from your web server: nmap -sT localhost to see listening ports. Then try nmap from host outside your network. Have you tried connecting to apache by IP at port 80, 443 etc? To check DNS, do host FQDN and host IP addy to get back FQDN.

Can you acces the webserver from within your LAN?
    If you can, you just need to set up your router to forward any requests coming from the internet, to the machine's ip address and port where the webserver is running.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Associate
    Yes I can access the webserver from within my LAN but only by IP. Web server is on the same machine with firewall. But I still cann't access it from the net.
    Last edited by GNEEOT; 06-11-2006 at 10:06 AM.

Let us know what happens once you forward the port on the router.
    Last edited by trickster; 06-10-2006 at 10:08 PM.

Associate
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw
    from your web server: nmap -sT localhost to see listening ports. Then try nmap from host outside your network. Have you tried connecting to apache by IP at port 80, 443 etc? To check DNS, do host FQDN and host IP addy to get back FQDN.

[root@server server.tenpostadsl.lviv.farlep.net]# nmap -sT localhost

Starting nmap 3.70 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2006-06-11 13:24 EEST
    Interesting ports on localhost (127.0.0.1):
    (The 1647 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
    PORT STATE SERVICE
    22/tcp open ssh
    25/tcp open smtp
    53/tcp open domain
    80/tcp open http
    110/tcp open pop3
    111/tcp open rpcbind
    139/tcp open netbios-ssn
    143/tcp open imap
    445/tcp open microsoft-ds
    953/tcp open rndc
    993/tcp open imaps
    995/tcp open pop3s
    3128/tcp open squid-http

Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.301 seconds
    [root@server server.tenpostadsl.lviv.farlep.net]# host server.tenpostadsl.lviv.farlep.net
    server.tenpostadsl.lviv.farlep.net has address 62.221.52.196
    [root@server server.tenpostadsl.lviv.farlep.net]# host 62.221.52.196
    196.52.221.62.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer server.tenpostadsl.lviv.farlep.net.

Can you please try nmap from outside for me?

Yes, I've tried connecting to apache by IP(62.221.52.196) and by FQDN(server.tenpostadsl.lviv.farlep.net) at port 80 and It's working, but only from my local network. I haven't tried from outside yet. Can you try from outside?