Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

How to fake a keypress?

Thread: How to fake a keypress?

How to fake a keypress?

I should really know this, but unfortunately I don't, and it's giving me some trouble.

Is there any way to fake a keypress? Ie, trigger the same event in the operating system that a keypress would? Would this have to be a kernel module, or can you do this from user space?
    I lost my self-respect at Wes' Rib House

I found this. Sounds like what you want??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That's just what I was looking for. Somehow it didn't turn up when I searched. Now I don't even have to roll my own. Thanks very much!
    I lost my self-respect at Wes' Rib House

swkeyboard - no makefile

That file is missing the Makefile - how do I build the module?
    (I tried just using GCC but got piles of errors)

The make file looks like it's in the tar files in the download section of the site.

Just curious, what do want to do?
    63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs,
    ya get 1 whacked with a service pack,
    now there's 63,005 bugs in the code!!

Red face Oops!

Quote Originally Posted by girlygeek View Post
    The make file looks like it's in the tar files in the download section of the site.
    somehow I followed the link to version 0.50, you're right the later versions are complete.

Yeah, but.

Quote Originally Posted by countach44 View Post
    Just curious, what do want to do?
    I was looking for a way to change virtual console under program control,
    I have since found a way to do that using ioctl()