Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Install Limewire with KPackage

Thread: Install Limewire with KPackage

Thumbs up Install Limewire with KPackage

Hello! I am a Linux newbie running SUSE 10.0.After some trial and error I have the system running pretty good I am proud to say!.I have a dual boot operation with Windows XP Home as the other OS which hardly ever gets used now-Linux in my opinoin is far superior after you get used to the install and setup.
    This is where I need help-I have downloaded Limewire, checked for dependencies which where installed from disc,get KPackage up with the install screen, hit install which shows me a ROOT Login screen.Ihave a root login which Ive used many times but on this screen the word Password | apeears with the | flashing.No matter what I type nothing appears on the screen.
    If I hit enter this appears su: incorrect password.
    I know my root login-password works for I use it all the time to get to su on the CLI.I really love to use Linux so any help/advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks have a great day!
    stacky

Good Guru
    Did you tried using YAST?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

Thumbs up Install Limewire with YAST

I tried using YAST with the same result-I eventually get a screen that requires a root login password that I cannot type on.So now I have gone to the CLI logged in as su and used chmod to change the permissions to 777 for all users-I dont mind that since I am the only user-with the same results.What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks for your patience and time.
    stacky