Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Ruby / Ruby on Rails

Thread: Ruby / Ruby on Rails

Ruby / Ruby on Rails

July's Linux Journal looks like it has a pretty good issue on Ruby this month. Includes and interview with Ruby on Rails' David Hansson, and a "Getting Started with Ruby" article.

Check it out
    I was standing in the park wondering why Frisbees got bigger as they get closer. Then it hit me.

Good Guru
    For those of us non-programmers, the issue looks crap. At least before, they focus on a little of everthing so I can skip a few articles and a few others that I find interesting. Now that with a new EC, I'm re-thinking whether to keep LJ or not. I'm also checking out LinuxMagazine and SysAdmin. I have always wanted them but I was kinda holding out for LJ since many guys I know works for them and they are good.

Nothing against Ruby though, I like its ability and all. Just that, it's focusing too much on one thing is bad publication.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

i dont have a subscription, but i normally pickup LinuxJournal, LinuxMagazine and SysAdmin if theres something in there that captures my attention. a lot of people are having issues with the new EC, but so far ive managed to just blow it off as growing pains.
    I was standing in the park wondering why Frisbees got bigger as they get closer. Then it hit me.

Good Guru
    Yeah, too bad. I also pick up LM and SA if some specific article interests me. But LJ is my main Linux technical subscription and I used to look forward to getting it in the mail. Lately, it had not been the case. Oh well, either they get their sh!t together in a few months or not, I'm gone for good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!