Thread: Ruby / Ruby on Rails

Ruby / Ruby on Rails

July's Linux Journal looks like it has a pretty good issue on Ruby this month. Includes and interview with Ruby on Rails' David Hansson, and a "Getting Started with Ruby" article.

Check it out
    I was standing in the park wondering why Frisbees got bigger as they get closer. Then it hit me.

Good Guru
    For those of us non-programmers, the issue looks crap. At least before, they focus on a little of everthing so I can skip a few articles and a few others that I find interesting. Now that with a new EC, I'm re-thinking whether to keep LJ or not. I'm also checking out LinuxMagazine and SysAdmin. I have always wanted them but I was kinda holding out for LJ since many guys I know works for them and they are good.

Nothing against Ruby though, I like its ability and all. Just that, it's focusing too much on one thing is bad publication.
    LinuxVillage - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

i dont have a subscription, but i normally pickup LinuxJournal, LinuxMagazine and SysAdmin if theres something in there that captures my attention. a lot of people are having issues with the new EC, but so far ive managed to just blow it off as growing pains.
    I was standing in the park wondering why Frisbees got bigger as they get closer. Then it hit me.

Good Guru
    Yeah, too bad. I also pick up LM and SA if some specific article interests me. But LJ is my main Linux technical subscription and I used to look forward to getting it in the mail. Lately, it had not been the case. Oh well, either they get their sh!t together in a few months or not, I'm gone for good.
    LinuxVillage - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!