Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

How to check and set Xserver options

Thread: How to check and set Xserver options

How to check and set Xserver options

Hello,

I'm a noob when it comes to X so please bear with me.
    I'm using FC5 and RHEL 4 and I need to find out which options the Xserver is running with (i.e. -ac, -core). Also, how do I set this options to be applied whenever the Xserver starts? Is it in Xorg.conf??

Thanks in advance

I was taking a look at /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers. Would I append the options here?

Good Guru
    I dont' know how to check what option your xserver is compiled with and I'm not even sure you can check that way (since it's compile time option the same way you can't really check your kernel's compile time option).

But if you want to modify your xserver's configuration, try editing /etc/X11/xorg.conf file. That's where you set the options. After editing you need to instruct it to update it but I don't know how to do that in FC and RHEL. On Debian based distros, you do that by issuing " sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg " and you are good to go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

I figured it out. I'm using gdm as my display mananger and therefore I have to edit the /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf file to set Xserver options.
    Just edit the standard X server section to whatever options you want.

# Definition of the standard X server.
    [server-Standard]
    name=Standard server
    command=/usr/X11R6/bin/X -audit 4 -s 15
    flexible=true

To see Xserver runtime options just grep for gdm(or whaterver display manager you're using).

Thanks for you help!

hello,
    xset q will tell you current status - also xset -h will spit out some help
    telnet mtrek.game-host.org 1701