Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Trouble installing Hostap Driver for 2.6.16-1.2129

Thread: Trouble installing Hostap Driver for 2.6.16-1.2129

Question Trouble installing Hostap Driver for 2.6.16-1.2129

In the web site of Hostap it is said that the newer kernel versions 2.6.14 and above include the hostap driver in the kernel.
    This i found out when i tried to install hostap 0.4.9 at my FC5 dist. 2.6.16-1.2129.
    When im at the source dir of Hostap and run make i get this:
    /root/Desktop/Prism2.5/Hostap0.4.9/hostap-driver-0.4.9/driver/modules/hostap.c:45:2: error: #error Host AP driver was added into Linux 2.6.14.
    /root/Desktop/Prism2.5/Hostap0.4.9/hostap-driver-0.4.9/driver/modules/hostap.c:46:2: error: #error The version used in the kernel tree should be used instead of this
    /root/Desktop/Prism2.5/Hostap0.4.9/hostap-driver-0.4.9/driver/modules/hostap.c:47:2: error: #error external release which is only maintained for old kernel versions.
    The installation is interrupted with an error and it ends.
    My questions is: What do i have to do to install the driver ?

You need to rebuild your kernel and enable support for the driver.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Can you briefly tell me how do i enable support for this driver?

I am new i dont know how to rebuild a kernel.I will read but some hints of were to look will be useful!

Good Guru
    IF you are using kernel 2.6.14 and later and if it's already included in your kernel, you do not need to install from source. All you have to do is insmod <module> to get it going.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

As Compunuts said, if the driver is already compiled into the kernel, you just need to do
    Code:
    insmod hostap
    . However, I don't think this is the case on FC5.

I went to Google and typed fc5 hostap. The second result brings up this link: http://www.wirelessdefence.org/Conte...stap_Manually:
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.