Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Dapper Released

Thread: Dapper Released

Dapper Released

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned already. Ubuntu released 6.06, "Dapper Drake" on June 1. I'm running it on my server and Desktop and I'm in love with it. By far the smoothest linux distro I've ever used, and with Xgl enabled it's sexy enough to challenge my Apple laptop.

Review Here With Screenshots
    I lost my self-respect at Wes' Rib House

Good Guru
    I have it on my laptop. The first distro to get alot of things right.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good Guru
    I got burnt upgrading to breezy from Horay. So I'm kind of waiting for bugs to work out. But as far as I've heard, there is no issue like the one we had with horay to breezy upgrade path.

I might take a ride soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

Good Guru
    They are awesome ..... Ubuntu is doing really really a good job. With introduction of desktop and server setups separately plus alternative setup options such as LAMP and volume setup, Ubuntu is really going to take over many Linux users. Give a few years and we are going to see Linux desktop taking shape (finally!!).

- The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

I've noticed it starting to take shape. In the past there's always been something lacking when compared with my OS X setup. Either the integrated search wasn't there, or the eye candy wasn't as nice, or it didn't have certain capabilities. Now the latest Dapper is a little blinged up (the default theme makes much use of cairo, and Xgl is a snap to get working if your card is supported), getting integrated search is as simple as installing Beagle using Ubuntu's nifty app install utility, and I'm starting to find that my OS X desktop is the one that I'm getting frustrated with.

The last two years or so as Gnome and KDE matured, we were starting to see the Linux desktop really come on par with Win XP. Now, we're finally starting to see it take a more leading position. Linux users are using indexed search and hardware accelerated graphics before windows users (and after Mac users). It will be interesting to see what happens in the next two years.

Another overwhelmingly positive review: http://www.nuxified.org/the_ubuntu_dapper_experience