Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Wireless in Fedora

Thread: Wireless in Fedora

Wireless in Fedora

I just installed Fedora Core 5 on my Toshiba Satellite M35X-S311. Fedora recognized the Ethernet with no problem, but didn't see my WiFi. Does anyone know how exactly I'd fix this?

Good Guru
    Well, you can check out Linux wireless howto and see if the answer is there.

Most likely or not, it depends on your wireless NIC. Depending on what type of chipset it uses, the support can vary widely. The worst comes the worst, you can use ndiswrapper and use Windows drivers.

HTH

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

Last edited by trickster; 06-05-2006 at 11:53 AM.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Just wanted to say, you guys rawk! This is about the only place I've ever been where anyone is willing to give the time of day to newbies. I'm a pretty experienced Unix operator, but I've always run Unix systems that had been set up by someone else on Navy computers. I know how to keep everything working correctly, and do regular file and database maintenance...but nothing that would be considered real administration. In short, I'm still relatively new to Linux. I appreciate you guys helping me out.

Glad to be of service
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Good Guru
    My toshiba needs the madwifi package and for wpa support, wpa_supplicant. Other than that, the laptop works well, minus the ATI issues and the usual suspend woes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.