Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

use linux to connect to dialup internet - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: use linux to connect to dialup internet

Good Guru
    I haven't used dial up in a long long time so I may be out of line here .... But, isn't vwdial will auto dial if it sense the Internet activity from client network?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

hello,
    really if you install firestarter it will walk you through the setup process - there are a ton of pages which give gory details - but it is not needed. on the computers that you need to have access the internet via the linux box use the linux boxes IP address for the wireless NIC as the gateway plus set the DNS entries. that should be enough.
    telnet mtrek.game-host.org 1701

Quote Originally Posted by Compunuts
    I haven't used dial up in a long long time so I may be out of line here .... But, isn't vwdial will auto dial if it sense the Internet activity from client network?
    I think that is true from what I have read off of the internet, but the problem is that I do not have a dedicated line for internet. For example, If I am using the computer and talking on the phone and my virus program wants to automatically update, I don't want the linux box beeping on my phone while I am trying to talk. Thanks guys, I think I will work on getting linux installed and start using firestarter. I did try to install coyote linux, but it did not work with my modem. I have a winmodem and obviously that does not work with linux. Is there a way to get the winmodem to work with a full version of linux? Is there a driver to install? I am amazed by how many posts I have been getting and I really appreciate all of time you guys have put into helping me when I don't even know you. Also, do you have any more information on getting the windows laptop to tell the linux pc to connect? I need it in a watered down form, does anyone know of a website that tells how to accomplish this? I am not sure what to type into google for information.
    Again, THANKS!!!!

It depends on what winmodem it is.

I think you should get linux installed and up and running, and later worry about the script. Also, i'd recommned you use a more mainstream distro like fedora or ubuntu, as you are more likely to get support questions answered on those.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.