Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Problem in Linux System User Creation!

Thread: Problem in Linux System User Creation!

Question Problem in Linux System User Creation!

Hello!

Initially when i used to create system users, they used to have a file in /var/spool/mail and the users were able to login the sendmail service through squirrelmail.I deleted some user files from /var/spool/mail and after that i am facing problems.

My users don't have their file in /var/spool/mail and they can't login the sendmail service through squirrelmail web interface.

May be i have changed any permissions for the mail folder or any other setting at the user creation is changed.Help me if you have any idea.

Good Guru
    What files did you delete?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Question

Hello!

In /var/spool/mail i had files named on my system user names.When i deletd the user these files were not deleted, so i deleted them.Can you tell me the default permissions for /var/spool/mail directory?I have them set to:

user=502
    group=502

which appear strange to me and another thing is that when i create user from
    System Settings -> Users and Groups, in the user propeties in AccountInfo
    "Local password is lock" option is checked automatically.

Good Guru
    Well here it goes:

1) The ownership is as follows - user is the user, group is mail
    2) The permissions are as follows - -rw-rw--- (660 numerically)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thumbs up

AoA!

Thanks a lot for your reply.Change in permissions allowed my user to access the mail accounts.

Good Guru
    Cool.

Thought thats what it was. Although odd.

Arrow

Hello!

No that wasn't the only problem, there was also problem with the permissions for the home directory defined for each user.The user didn't had the right to access the home directory.

Good Guru
    Well that would be a problem