Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

SuSE 10.1

Thread: SuSE 10.1

Hybrid View

Good Guru

SuSE 10.1

Any users yet? Got the disc images, but havent burnt or installed them as of yet. Curious how the latest revision fares, at least with respect to FC5.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Did you ever end up trying this? I installed it about a month or so ago, and I am so disappointed...
    I love KDE3.5. Everything looks beautiful, even the new 'My Computer' read-out. But that is where my love ends. Something is screwy with the libraries, as when I try to install apps that require certain libraries, it says that it can't find them, even though I can verify that they are present with 'find'. Also, the new updater thing SUCKS. There is no consistency between YAST and Zen Updater (I think that is what it is called). I have installation sources that show up in Zen but not in YAST. I have sources that show in YAST and not Zen. Basically, this OS is a mess, and I will be reinstalling 10.0 on both of my systems this weekend (hopefully). I have read a lot of posts online with problems with Zen, and it just looks like something was rushed out the door. Between that and the library issue... Hell, I can't even add local installation sources to my home system. So when I download a program, I can't install it, unless it already exists on one of the remote sources. Zen using rug,yum, or some other choice... Geez, can we make it a little more complicated?
    I can't even remember all of the reasons why I HATE 10.1, but I need to migrate. Novell has totally RUINED Suse.
    Asus A8V Deluxe Mobo
    AMD Athlon64 X2 4400 -939
    2GB Crucial DDR3200 Dual-Channel
    ATi AiW 9800 Pro 128DDR
    Audigy2 ZS
    Sony DRU-810 DVD+RW DL
    3 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 160Gb 16Mb Cache
    1 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 300Gb 16Mb Cache
    1 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 120Gb 16Mb Cache

SUSE and SATA drive

Hi: Am struggling with the downloaded and ISO Burnt 10.1 images.
    Install detects everything except it doesn't recognize the same Maxtor 160Gb SATA drive. Was yours a new install or an upgrade.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Well, I perform a new install every time, as I have my /home on a separate partition and never have to keep redoing my personal settings. I have NEVER had a problem with any Suse detecting hardware. Do you have only one of these drives in your system (well, let me rephrase that... do you only have one SATA drive) and is it plugged into an onboard SATA controller, or a PCI add-on card controller?
    Asus A8V Deluxe Mobo
    ATi AiW 9800 Pro 128DDR
    Audigy2 ZS
    Sony DRU-810 DVD+RW DL

Good Guru
    Yeah, I did and am not all that impressed. I mean KDE looks nice and all, but the stability and speed are crap. When I get time I plan to get Fedora back on or CentOS. Prolly CentOS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Out of curiosity... Why CentOS? I ask because I am assuming that this is a desktop system, and with all the buzz of Gentoo, Ubuntu, etc. I am wondering why you would go with CentOS. I was always under the impression that it was more of a server OS.
    Asus A8V Deluxe Mobo
    ATi AiW 9800 Pro 128DDR
    Audigy2 ZS
    Sony DRU-810 DVD+RW DL