Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Comparing two directories

Thread: Comparing two directories

Comparing two directories

Hello, I have a backup server on my network, that I am using rsync/SSH to perform backups to. I was wondering if there was a way to compare my source directory with the directory on the remote machine, to ensure that my data was copied properly. I don't have much faith in RAID yet, especially with my driver compilation giving me a minor error (although it appears to be working fine). I know about 'diff' but am not sure if it can do a network directory... I was hoping for something simple in the area of an md5sum, but I can't get that to work on a directory... Thanks in advance!
    Asus A8V Deluxe Mobo
    AMD Athlon64 X2 4400 -939
    2GB Crucial DDR3200 Dual-Channel
    ATi AiW 9800 Pro 128DDR
    Audigy2 ZS
    Sony DRU-810 DVD+RW DL
    3 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 160Gb 16Mb Cache
    1 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 300Gb 16Mb Cache
    1 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 120Gb 16Mb Cache

You may want to use rsync itself to do the compare with dry run or compare options. Drive it with a shell script and capture exit codes to decide what to do if not consistent.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.