Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

/me waves hi.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: /me waves hi.

/me waves hi.

Hi, everyone.

I'm Peter, an addict of many things such caffeine and GNU/Linux, etc. I've been using Linux since early 2003 with Fedora Core 1. Since then I've used Gentoo for almost two years and now am back to my Red Hat-ish roots with Fedora Core 5.

I'm a moderator on the Gentoo forums (surprised me too!), and attempt to contribute what I can to Fedora in terms of support on their forums, mailing lists, et al. I also maintain packages in Extras for a couple of things which I find very useful/cool (LucidLife and Scribes at the moment).

I'm very much an advocate of the community as a whole, and some people say that I say should have been born in England (due to my rather anarchistic views of some things).

I'm pretty good (though still learning!) PHP/XHTML/CSS etc.; and I'm a big fan of the LAMP paradigm. I'm also okay with C/C++ stuff, though I've been doing much more web development work as of recent, and not much in terms of end-user desktop-style applications (someone needs to teach me how to make a GUI kthx ).

I'm a full time second-year university student (major: Computer Science) and have a full time job helping with inventory control stuff.

So...enough about my life's story or whatever. Just saying "hi" and hoping to mingle in this community a bit more!

Hi Peter
    Why are you not using Fedora Core?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good Guru
    Welcome aboard ... Make yourself at home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

Good Guru
    What kind of bribe or drinking of fine ale do I need to do in order for you to give me a hand with my sh!tty looking site? I want CSS menus and cleaner content than what Netscape/NVU can provide.

Good Guru
    Who? Me or Peter?

I'd say you run a blog software (both Peter and I run Wordpress) and go with their themes. Looks great.

My blog - just to show the difference with Peter's site

No IT BS !!

Oi hoi hoi.
    "In the heat of conversation I may have said certain things I believe to be untrue. The alleged lie that you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago ... thats a parasite that lives in my neck." -- Tad Ghostal

Good Guru
    Peter was my target ;D

Ill look into the blog software. I never thought of that being a possible solution.

Good Guru
    Hmm, may need to call my hosting provider (GoDaddy) to see if they can add this or what I need to do. Wordpress seems like it would work perfectly, but I am gonna need to read up on how to install this and see if my account needs work on their end to make this all work out.

This is my site running Wordpress and the Kiwi theme. Barely any content, though.
    www.electricorisha.com
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Good Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Schotty
    Hmm, may need to call my hosting provider (GoDaddy) to see if they can add this or what I need to do. Wordpress seems like it would work perfectly, but I am gonna need to read up on how to install this and see if my account needs work on their end to make this all work out.
    If they allow a database and support PHP, then you are good to go. To actually install wordpress is VERY VERY easy. It only takes one step from your part, modify 4 lines of data in configure.php are you are done.

No IT BS !!