Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Multiple Websites on 1 server advice

Thread: Multiple Websites on 1 server advice

Multiple Websites on 1 server advice

Hi,

I have managed to setup my Apache 2.0 server.

My current setup is that my registered domains are pointed to my server by the agents forwarding script. I cant change my meta tags and it throws my referal stats off as they all come from the same place.

On one of the domains, I have used an external DNS service pointed to my IP address. I would like to do this for more.

How do I use an external DNS service to point my domains to different directories on my server? Do I need to install my own DNS server (and not use the external one?) or can I use some other method? Perhaps something like a virtual server?

Thanks for any advice.

Good Guru
    Yes, you need to use virtual server. There is a PET in our wiki for Apache server. It explained there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

Good Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by maartenvonz
    My current setup is that my registered domains are pointed to my server by the agents forwarding script. I cant change my meta tags and it throws my referal stats off as they all come from the same place.
    Ah, why not??

Disable URL forwarding and Stealth forwarding on your DNS provider. Then set A address there and point it to your IP address.

I use mydns.com (thus mydomain.com service) and the default is to use their forwarding service. I had to disable it first before I can set my A and MX setting.

Do I need to install my own DNS server (and not use the external one?)
    You need not install your own BIND service. As long as you can point your A record setting in your DNS record of your domain, you are all good.

can I use some other method? Perhaps something like a virtual server?
    Yes, see above.

What's your distro? Depending on your distro, the setup can be vary widely. On Debian, the script is automatically written for you (with the default value) and all you need to do is create data directory and issue a2ensite and you are good. But on Ubuntu (a Debian based distro), that's not the case. You will need to write your own script in site-available directory (or copy from default) and modify that way.

Hope That Helps ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

Thanks for the above, I will try some of the suggested settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Compunuts
    What's your distro? Depending on your distro, the setup can be vary widely. On Debian, the script is automatically written for you (with the default value) and all you need to do is create data directory and issue a2ensite and you are good. But on Ubuntu (a Debian based distro), that's not the case. You will need to write your own script in site-available directory (or copy from default) and modify that way.

Hope That Helps ...
    I am using Fedora Core 4.