Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Connecting to Internet from Suse

Thread: Connecting to Internet from Suse

Connecting to Internet from Suse

hii
    i'm very new to linux.I've Suse linux installed on my machine along with Windows XP. I would like to shift to linux but I don't know how to and what settings to configure on Suse to connect to Dataone.My modem SmartAX MT882 is connected via a USB port.Please someone help me...give me a step-by-step detail .....

I'm seeing a lot of driver issues from this DSL modem with other Linux users. It's possible that the latest kernel for SuSE could support this, and would not surprise me. What version of SuSE are you using? After your system starts, go into the terminal, and type:

dmesg | grep usb

Post what was displayed, if anything.
    arrogance breeds ignorance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is the output I obtained when i typed dmesg | grep usb :

usbcore: registered new driver usbfs
    usbcore: registered new driver hub
    usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
    usb 1-1: configuration #2 chosen from 2 choices

I'm using Suse 10 version..

My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

hii
    thank you trickster for your valuable help.I had already gone through two of the links provided by you but the first one was really helpful....I've configured the modem but now I don't know how to activate my network connection.I tried Kinternet but all I get is a lightning flash that disappears after a while.When I type any url in firefox I get an error saying that the page could not be found....What should I do? ...Please help

On your menu, go to Desktop>Yast>Network Devices>DSL. Also, you can check this link:

http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT7909082870.html
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.