Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

FC4 firewall can't ping internal IPs

Thread: FC4 firewall can't ping internal IPs

Hybrid View

FC4 firewall can't ping internal IPs

I have setup an FC4 box as a firewall/DHCP server between my internal network and cable modem. The FC4 box can browse the internet just fine. I can ping both internal and external interfaces from the firewall. My internal clients are getting DHCP and can ping the internal and external address of the firewall but can't ping or browse anything beyond that. Additionally, I cannot ping my internal client from the firewall (even though it is getting dHcp and CAN ping the firewall). Personal firewall is turned off on internal PC. IP forwarding is enabled on FC4 firewall. Don't know where to go next. Any ideas?

Sounds like the DNS information might not be forwarded to the client. Does it works if you add the DNS servers manually?
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

I have the correct DNS entries obtained from DHCP when I "ipconfig /all" the windows box. Keep in mind, I can't ping a public IP address from the inside network either, so it's not just DNS.

Thumbs up Never mind. Got it working with Firestarter ...

I got my firewall working by installing Firestarter. Works like a champ. Piece of cake!
    Didn't learn anything though. :-)