Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Saving settings...

Thread: Saving settings...

In the shadow of Mordor... err, I meant Redmond

Saving settings...

Riddle me this:
    I have a notebook that I'm currently running Xandros Open Circulation on. Well, as nice as Xandros is, it's a bit crippled and I just plain like Debain better (got Sarge on my desktop).
    Anyway, I'm going to put Debian on the Lappy, but I'd like to save several things:
    Various files and my KDE settings (it looks real good). The files are obvious, make a backup on a CD or what not. But is there an effective way to copy my KDE settings over to Debian?

Good Guru
    IIRC, the KDE settings are saved in the ~/.kde folder. But I would beware that not all things may be able to be implorted. I know that in the past both KDE and GNOME had quirks from point point relase to point release.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good Guru
    Just to make sure, I'd dd the whole /home and transfer it there. Like Schotty said, it's hard to tell if it's different versions of KDE (any software for that matter).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

Do you mean copy your KDE settings from Xandros to Debian? I don't think that will work as the Xandros KDE is very heavily modified from stock KDE.
    TANSTAAFL

The easiest wya to do this is to basically have your /home directory on its own partition.

Then whenever you want to install a new distribution or upgrade or whatever, just mount that partition as your /home.

This method saves everything, evey program setting and all of your preferences.

It can even continue a downloada using azureus once you start it up again.

Sorted, i think thats what you should do

i know this post was a long time agol, but i have just found it.

Gaw
    | Distribution : Ubuntu == Dapper |
    | Cedega |