Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

How to install Samba on Fedora?

Thread: How to install Samba on Fedora?

Question How to install Samba on Fedora?

I need to install Samba to my Fedora 4 system through rpm. The problem is the dependencies to other components. Trying to install these missing components results in a cry for more and more missing components. Is there any simple way to install Samba and all that it requires at the same time?

Hannu

Yes. Install through Yum. Yum will resolve the dependencies for you.
    http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/inde...up_YUM_for_FC4
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

One thing I miss about RH8. Use to be the package manager would show any deps that you needed, and would grab whatever you needed. Only thing I'll seen in RH since 9 in this particular senario, is the lack of development tools, and libraries installed at first. They really don't take up too much space, and installing them will usually keep you from having these issues again (unless it's KDE/Gnome dependant). Yum is good, but if you start using it, you might as well update your entire system with the Yum repository that you use, otherwise you will just end up with the exact same problem.
    arrogance breeds ignorance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good Guru
    Actually yum + yumex makes it quite easy to manage rpms.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.