Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Fedora 5 cd/rw mount issue

Thread: Fedora 5 cd/rw mount issue

Associate

Fedora 5 cd/rw mount issue

Well, not so much an issue, just need to get the cd dev mounted and working, I get an error saying it needs to be config'd in HAL?

Simple enough, I would suppose..

I am running a bit of a test lab at work, have my own little network set up with a hub and Cisco 1700 router. I have set up a windows server 2003 box as the PDC and using Samba, added the Fedora box onto that network.

Things are great as of now, just wanted to add some s/w to the Fedora box and having a lil trouble remembering and finding the media and devices...

What is the exact error?
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Associate
    Feature only available with HAL

Been doing a little reading, but I have yet to see this particular one, I'm sure it's something I am overlooking...

I don't get it.. the whole point of HAL is no configuration needed.. This is by far one of the stranger bugs I've ever seen.

Can you file a bug here bugzilla.redhat.com because it's definately an issue that needs deeper looking into.
    Why are you not using Fedora Core?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hello,
    i have not seen any issue - though i did need to switch to gnome-mount as opposed to the normal mount command....
    telnet mtrek.game-host.org 1701

I saw at least a post of someone else with the same issue. Is the HAL daemon running?
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

From what I can tell by running the error command this is some sort of KDE deep foo error in kdebase but that makes no sense.
    The only explaination outside of a programming error would seem to be configuration and I'm quite sure the messagebus and hal daemons is up and running on a default FC5 install on all configurations.

A reboot would seem to fix any daemon errors, if they fail regardless it should be in the logs and noticable at boot time. You could try manually restarting hald and dbus:

(as root)
    /etc/init.d/messagebus restart
    /etc/init.d/haldaemon restart

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Associate
    I am taking a bit closer look at things, including any messages on reboot, as it is right now, no errors on boot or logs.

I would say that if there is a chance of it being a config issue, then that is more than possible being I have only been testing Linux for a short few months.

I will restart the hald and messagebus from the cl and see what if anything I get from that and report back as things progress...

Thanks for all of the replies!!

Associate
    As I was saying, no errors on booting up, yet when I stopped hal, it came back as FAILED, restart was successful with no error.

Now the messagebus on the other hand stopped as expected, yet took and extremely long time to restart...

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks®
    As I was saying, no errors on booting up, yet when I stopped hal, it came back as FAILED, restart was successful with no error.

Now the messagebus on the other hand stopped as expected, yet took and extremely long time to restart...
    That definately sounds like a timeout can you do:

su -
    fixfiles relabel

just to rule out SELinux policy update issues - it happens every once in a while on the Development branch at least that files don't get properly relabelled.

You can also look at the audit log I believe it's in /var/log/audit/ - the messages you are interested in is false positive avc: denied message with hal or dbus in the entry. This would confirm that it's a glitch with a SELinux update.
    Last edited by Lovechild; 05-23-2006 at 07:25 PM.