Thread: Desktop Linux Summit

Good Guru

Cool Desktop Linux Summit

http://www.desktopsummit.com

I will be there barring any major financial woes in the next week. Anyone in the Bay area that want to meet up, that would be cool. Of course the first beer is on you (just kidding, I got the first) I will be arriving the Friday night prior so I have all weekend to check town out (read -- Investigate the strip clubs and bars).

PM me and I can give you my private email or telephone number. I have a blackberry so I can get emails if you dont have a LD plan (I am homed as 414/Milwaukee,WI).

Laters!

Good Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Schotty
    Cool ... I wish I could go but .... check also out LISA group (Large Installation System Administrator). They have the meeting there too.

Anyone in the Bay area that want to meet up, that would be cool.
    Bay Area is classified as San Francisco Bay Area. The DLS is in San Diego effectively making 8 hours drive from here.
    LinuxVillage - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

Good Guru
    Ahh I see. You can tell that I dont hit CA often ;D

Actually I have been west of the Mississippi river only three times in my life.

I wish we got something like that here, the anything that does come here usually cost $$$, tho I did go to a M$ one but I was there just for the free food haha.

Good Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo jojo
    I wish we got something like that here, the anything that does come here usually cost $$$, tho I did go to a M$ one but I was there just for the free food haha.
    Well I got free tickets by becoming a Linspire Insider. That is one of the perks besides discounts on commercial software thru CNR. I am getting unfettered access and a corporate dinner c/o Linspire and the chance to chit chat with all of the big dogs. It should be fun. Most of the guys from the Linspire forums that are going to show are multi OS dudes too, so I should feel at home

There is also some new announcement from Linspire coming out at the event too, and we have been speculating heavily. My hope/wish (not necessarily out of line with recent events) is a merge between GNOME and KDE. The GUI would be GNOME, but converted to use QT (a much cleaner widget library and favored by many of the major players in the commercial sector). This would be spearheaded by Novell, IBM and Linspire (Red Hat I could not see getting on this although appreciated it would be).

Yeah I can dream

Chances are it will be an LinPod or something to that effect.