Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Wake on LAN on Suse 10

Thread: Wake on LAN on Suse 10

Wake on LAN on Suse 10

Okie dokie... I have been doing massive amount of reading over the past few days, and here is where I am at...
    I found etherwake, and compiled it according to it's instructions. I did receive a warning about 'pointing signedness' or something like that, but decided to try it any way. Well, I never could get it to work. No matter how many times I 'shutdown -h now' or 'shutdown -z now', it just didn't like me. I thought that maybe the warning during etherwake's compilation was the culprit.
    However, I went into the destination system's bios to make sure that I had enabled WOL, and when I verified this, I decided to turn off the system and do some more reading. I did this by pushing the power button on the case. For grins, I tried etherwake, and this time, this ONE time, it worked!
    So, basically, if I push the power button on the case to soft-off the system, I can (could, see my previous 'Pulling my Hair out' post) WOL the machine, but if I shutdown from within Linux, I can't.
    I did find this http://gentoo-wiki.com/Wake_on_lan relating to Debian, and thought that it may be pertinent to me, but I can't find the shutdown items that I would need to edit to try this.
    I guess it doesn't matter with my other 'Pulling Hair' issues, as the automation of using this system as a backup server is kind of out the window right now, but...
    Asus A8V Deluxe Mobo
    AMD Athlon64 X2 4400 -939
    2GB Crucial DDR3200 Dual-Channel
    ATi AiW 9800 Pro 128DDR
    Audigy2 ZS
    Sony DRU-810 DVD+RW DL
    3 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 160Gb 16Mb Cache
    1 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 300Gb 16Mb Cache
    1 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 120Gb 16Mb Cache

Update:

Just thought I would update this, since I did find a solution... Solution number one: migrate to Slackware. If you would prefer NOT to do that, then you can update to Suse 10.1. I did this yesterday on my server, and Wake on LAN works out of the box.
    Asus A8V Deluxe Mobo
    AMD Athlon64 X2 4400 -939
    2GB Crucial DDR3200 Dual-Channel
    ATi AiW 9800 Pro 128DDR
    Audigy2 ZS
    Sony DRU-810 DVD+RW DL
    3 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 160Gb 16Mb Cache
    1 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 300Gb 16Mb Cache
    1 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 120Gb 16Mb Cache