Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Anyone plays the piano, guitar, flute etc....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone plays the piano, guitar, flute etc....

Anyone plays the piano, guitar, flute etc....

Hello,

I was wondering about my linux comunity playing musical instruments, or not. I myself play the piano for almost three years and I just started to teach myself the guitar

aljosha
    Eat your l33t skillz!
    My home page: http://www.inter.nl.net/users/alexeif/

Good Guru
    I used to play Guitar, nothing funcy but a few songs I like which I used to seduce girls when I was younger . I don't play piano although my wife does. We have a keyboard at home and I tried to learn it but I never seems to keep up my interest. I find it boring. I love guitar because I can really get it going and annoy the hell out of my neighbors with my amps. :P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

I am a bassist. I will occasionally pick up an acoustic or electric guitar, and I have tried to learn piano.

I really need to start taking lessons again, and playing in a band. If you don't, your skills really grow stagnant.
    Registered Linux User #301307 (counter.li.org)
    BOFH Excuse #639:
    NOTICE: alloc: /dev/null: filesystem full

Good Guru
    Sax, clarinet, a bit of piano/keyboard. I own a guitar but cant use it (no skills yet).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I play drums but haven't done so in awhile...I gave mine to my son.

give the drummer some!
    Microsoft aims to 'borg' Yahoo in $44.6 Billion deal
    "We are Microsoft. Resistance is futile"

Alto Sax
    Guitar (Electric, Acoustic, 12-String)
    Bass Guitar (4, 5, and 6-string)
    Electronic Composition (MIDI/Sampling)
    arrogance breeds ignorance

Quote Originally Posted by Kernel_Killer
    Bass Guitar (6-string)
    Nice.
    I'd really like to get my hands on a 6-string, but I'm fresh out of college and money is scarce... I've also been thinking about an upright bass, either with a bow or plucking it. They just have such a great sound.
    Last edited by Stuart; 05-22-2006 at 03:54 PM.
    Registered Linux User #301307 (counter.li.org)
    BOFH Excuse #639:
    NOTICE: alloc: /dev/null: filesystem full

Trumpet/Cornet. We have a piano my wife plays occasionally. I'm learning penny whistle. I use to play a recorder, but it disappeared several years ago, and I haven't replaced it. We also have a mountain dulcimer and a guitar, though the dulcimer is played infrequently, and the guitar not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel_Killer
    Bass Guitar (6-string)
    Nice.
    I'd really like to get my hands on a 6-string, but I'm fresh out of college and money is scarce... I've also been thinking about an upright bass, either with a bow or plucking it. They just have such a great sound.
    You should see the 7-strings that Conklin makes. Too bad they are around $2000.
    arrogance breeds ignorance

Associate

Cool

I play a few instruments, I can play at a guitar, 6 or bass, but it's been years now...

I play any type or brass, started with Trumpet/cornet and went on to many different variations over the years and through college, other than working for a sholarship to help with tuition, I found playing other horns like the piccolo trumpet and types of mellowphonish type of horns helped make a lil cash on the side! LOL

Also a long time drummer, haven't played much in the last 2 years (spent one year of that in Iraq), but I love playin!!