Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

How can I unmount Swap and Extended on the Ubuntu 5.10 Live Cd

Thread: How can I unmount Swap and Extended on the Ubuntu 5.10 Live Cd

How can I unmount Swap and Extended on the Ubuntu 5.10 Live Cd

I am using GParted and the only way to resize the partitions is to turn off swap and turn off extended since ext3 is inside the extended and so is swap.The one I want to resize is ext3

The command swapoff should turn off swap. When you say turn off extended, do you mean get rid of the extended partition which has an ext3 partition? As far I know, you would have to delete the ext3 partition first and then redo the extended partition.
    Microsoft aims to 'borg' Yahoo in $44.6 Billion deal
    "We are Microsoft. Resistance is futile"

If you mean dismount the ext3 partition, you could try
    Code:
    umount /my/partition
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

ow can I unmount Swap and Extended on the Ubuntu 5.10 Live Cd

I am using GParted and the only way to resize the partitions is to turn off swap and turn off extended since ext3 is inside the extended and so is swap.The one I want to resize is ext3

Here is more information

All partitions become unmounted after doing the command to umount swap which would be swapoff /dev/hda5 it works but and I resize it and it does it but completes it but the partition is still not resized

Size:14747
    Used:7766
    Unused:6981
    Path:/dev/hda6

Should I download the Ubuntu Beta Live cd and used that instead

Please do not cross post.
    I have merged your new post with your previous thread.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Did you explicitly write changes?

Tools like GParted don't change your partition size until you explicitly write the changes. Maybe it's a menu option, maybe it's a button. But until you say to the application "Write my changes to the disk", it won't take any action. This is because changing partitions is fairly serious business and can mess up your computer really badly. The application wants to make sure you're not overlooking something or making any dumb mistakes.

Look for something like "write partitions to disk" or "save partition table" or something like that.
    I lost my self-respect at Wes' Rib House

I pressed apply and gave me the warning do want to do this then I hit apply
    but it still doesn't work.

Both System Rescue Cd and GParted Live Cd fail after
    -ide-floppy driver 0.99.newide

Resize function doesn't appear in QTParted on Knoppix or any other QTParted program on live cd

Should I download Ubuntu Beta Live Cd since will have an upgraded version