Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone into boating??

Good Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw
    And invite us all onto it. Compunuts provides the suds. Yes?
    Ill help chip in. Just in case he brings that Miller garbage

Miller High Life be the nastiest thing I ever drank.

/me wonders where is the darned quick reply buttons are...

My brother owns a boat - nothing like a cabin cruiser, but nice - it has a 351 Ford engine in it (i think it is a ford... maybe a saab). anyway - it is blast. we take it out in the lake (michigan) and jump off for a swim. it would be much nicer for you because here they are only fun 4 months out of the year.
    telnet mtrek.game-host.org 1701

Associate
    Just a word of caution: The Coast Guard and State and Local law enforcement agencies are starting to enforce regulations similar to those for land-based motor vehicles in regard to alcohol and vessel operation, with the Federal penalties being pretty stiff.

This is especially true in the more populated areas such as Puget Sound, the lower Columbia River, some Northern and Central California areas, etc.

I guess a "designated pilot" may be a good idea on a pleasure boat.

Anyway, I don't want to be a wet blanket, even if I am turning into an old fuddy-duddy after working nearly fifty years on the water. Enjoy your boat.

Good Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by camelrider
    Just a word of caution: The Coast Guard and State and Local law enforcement agencies are starting to enforce regulations similar to those for land-based motor vehicles in regard to alcohol and vessel operation, with the Federal penalties being pretty stiff.
    That is a good point. In Wisconsin here, you pretty much need to work at getting the DNR to pay notice, but once they do, watch out. Occasionally if there are groups of people on the lakes, they will come by and check for permits (fishing stamps and soforth). They will ignore anything else as long as you kept up with those. But if you are so much as a minute expired, missing one, or anything else, if they smell a beer, see smokers, but no ashtrays -- you better have a decent savings account

No Camelrider, you are not being a fuddy duddy. That is an excellent point for all of our new to the art of drinking members that we vets may be taking for granted.

I got into a boat once!
    Microsoft aims to 'borg' Yahoo in $44.6 Billion deal
    "We are Microsoft. Resistance is futile"

^
    |
    |
    Ditto
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Kind Mastermind
    I, personally, don't like boats. I like canoes, but not ocean going vessels. I've taken several boat rides from New Bedford, MA to Martha's Vineyard and back. Not something that made me very happy. Of course, that is why I am not in the Navy.

Cheers
    The one serious conviction that a man should have is that nothing is to be taken too seriously.
    Where facts are few, experts are many.

Quote Originally Posted by stryder144
    I, personally, don't like boats. I like canoes, but not ocean going vessels. I've taken several boat rides from New Bedford, MA to Martha's Vineyard and back. Not something that made me very happy. Of course, that is why I am not in the Navy.

Cheers
    I thought it was because the army uniform was much cooler
    Why are you not using Fedora Core?

My blog