Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Anyone into boating??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone into boating??

Good Guru

Anyone into boating??

Lately I'm having the urge of wanting to buy a boat. So started reading a few boating magazines and got even more interested. Anyone into boating or anyone knows a good boating help forums?

TIA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

I wish. Sounds like alot of fun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good Guru
    Well, camoflage boats help when hunting. Camoflage boats that float.

Oars help too.

OOOOhhhh, and a motor.

Ummmm and a place for the beer cooler.

Oh and some room for a few fishing rods too. If you got a boat, gotta fish.

Good Guru
    Well, I'm not really into fishing but I guess if you got a boat, you gotta fish. Bummer though, they are talking about cancelling Salmon fishing season in this side of the coast.

The last time I went fishing was more than 5 years and then all I did was hold the rod and drink beer. My buddy did all the work such as attaching bait and stuff. Then I moved away from water and I lost contact with that buddy. I moved a few years ago to this town and the next town is going to have boat ramp in a few years (next year they said). So I got into boating fevor again.

I also want a cabin cruiser but I can't afford the new one so I will have to settle for a used one. But a few of my buddies said I won't like sleeping in the water since it's not a very comfortable place to sleep due to tide and wake. So now I'm even more confused.

But I got another guy who just bought another boat which has a small caddy cabin type thing. He boat used to be bowrider without bimini and it looks hot as hell in summer.

If I buy a boat, I will make sure there is plently to space for beer.

Well, anyway, I was just wondering who else is into boating.

No IT BS !!

Good Guru
    I am into drinking beer.

I like boating becuase you can drink beer while doing it.

I know next to nothing about boats. However, I remember seeing this thread on FatWallet. Thought it was interesting.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Good Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by trickster
    I remember seeing this thread on FatWallet. Thought it was interesting.
    Very nice thread. Thanks a lot. Now I know more of what to expect and stuff.

Many people on that thread was correct, it may not be financially wise decision. But I still want the boat.

1. I live close to boat lunch (or that they will be building pretty soon, thus my crazy urge) less than 9 miles and 10 minutes drive.

2. Since it will be out to Bay, I will need a good size boat such as cabin cruiser.

3. I need a new car (all my cars can't tow but my wife likes to get a new car to replace her decade old SUV in the near future so it may works out well)

4. I want to buy only used boat (I can't afford a new boat, I saw one in Costco the other day; 24 footer for 97K

5. Although I don't fish, I like to drink beer on the water. All my friends have fishing boats with no bimini tops baking my a55 all day long.

6. I can store at my house even if it doesn't fit in my garage. I have RV space and I have no RV.

7. I want it, damn it!! ...

heheheh ......

No IT BS !!

Good Guru
    I think you should buy one then ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Schotty
    I think you should buy one then ;D
    And invite us all onto it. Compunuts provides the suds. Yes?

This thread reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend the rest of his life drunk in a boat"

----- Paul Harvey