Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

ajaxWriter

Thread: ajaxWriter

ajaxWriter

Michael Robertson is, again, taking a shot across the bow of Microsoft as he announced ajaxWrite as a competitor to MS Word.

To his benefit, the hosted application does work surprisingly well, in Firefox, and Firefox only. (It may well work in NS and Moz too, but I didn't have a copy laying around to try it out). But is it really a competitor to MS Word or OO.org Writer?

Michael Robertson's Blog entry
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Doesn't _quite_ work in Camino. Ajax write appears, but you can't use any menus. Also, I got a NullPointerException when I tried to open a swx file.

But it shows potential. It's definitely a good start. With time and funding, this could someday grow to be a really impressive office suite.
    I lost my self-respect at Wes' Rib House

Advisor
    hmm... nothing but problems in FF 1.0.4, ranging from a 403 to a blank page, with no signs of any contence...
    Don't worry Ma'am. We're university students, - We know what We're doing.
    'Ruiat coelum, fiat voluntas tua.'
    Datalogi - en livsstil; Intet liv, ingen stil.

Seems to work quite decently - but honestly I like my Abiword better
    Why are you not using Fedora Core?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The disclaimer says its only compatible with Firefox 1.5 or higher, look like they mean it. I suppose they sacrificed cross-browser compatability for development speed.

I will say one thing tho, it is nice to see a site sticking it to IE for once. Its been the other way around for a long time.
    jro -

Bull.. it worked perfctly with Mozilla 1.7.11 (against which my Epiphany is compilied)
    Why are you not using Fedora Core?

I am just reading the disclaimer, not disagreeing with anyone.
    jro -

Looks quite cool. A must for people with old computers who don't have the hardware to install OOo
    Eat your l33t skillz!
    My home page: http://www.inter.nl.net/users/alexeif/