Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

fedg dns request-iptables

Thread: fedg dns request-iptables

Hybrid View

fedg dns request-iptables

i have installed a linux firewall iptables based on RH linux 9 with kernel version as 2.4.20-8.Is it possible to forward dns request via the internal lan card.

for eg

now client pcs are configured with dns as the actual dns of the isp.

Is it possible for me to replace the dns in the client systems to the ip address of the internal lan of the firewall.

In the Ip tables forward the dns requests from the internal lan ip to the dns of the ISP.

Hi S_hcl:

try these links that explain you step by step : http://www.siliconvalleyccie.com/lin...dns-static.htm and

http://www.howtoforge.com/two_in_one_dns_bind9_views

As far as the firewall try firestarter for 2 NICs or shorewall for 3 NICs.

to update use yum install <package name>: yum install firestarter

My Linux box is Fedora core 4. I am using now the firestarter which has a very friendly GUI. With firestarter, you can see the IN/ OUT traffic. I will test Shorewall because i need 3 NICs.

FC5 has some installation bugs as far as for me.

regards.

dns request-iptables

thks

i will go thru the links andd let u know.

i had tried firestarter ,but it was allowing traffic even if i blocked it ,didn't now what was the problem.

How do you know that is not blocked?

Just make sure that the firestarter GUI shows blocked connections not the unblocked ones. Are you agree?

regards.

dns request-iptables Reply to Thread

anyway i m using iptables now and its wrkg fine.i will test firestarter or bulldog in a seperate system .