Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

CPU Prob FC5

Thread: CPU Prob FC5

CPU Prob FC5

Hey

I installed FC5 on my dad's pc and I keep getting this really annoying error in the CLI

localhost kernel: CPU0: Running in modulated clock mode

also it says CPU1 with the same error, I had this in mandriva also, it seemed to go aways in Ubuntu and I no longer have a ubuntu cd and no blanks

and /proc/cpuinfo says there are 2 cpus? there is only 1 P4 so what gives?

TIA

Michael

Good Guru
    Well P4's are hyperthreaded, so that is tecnically 2 cpus as far as kernels can see. But the error seems like a heat issue:

http://mgeisler.net/now-ive-seen-that-too/
    http://mirror.hamakor.org.il/archive...005/13894.html
    http://www.google.com/search?client=...ted+clock+mode

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ok, I asked my dad to buy a can of compressed air and well see if that helps

You might be getting wrong readings try poking
    /proc/acpi/thermal_zone

if the value is set low, increase it then follow up by filing a bug with Fedora to have the MCE driver fixed.
    Why are you not using Fedora Core?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Schotty
    Well P4's are hyperthreaded, so that is tecnically 2 cpus as far as kernels can see. But the error seems like a heat issue:
    BTW not all P4's are HyperThreaded ... with mojo issue for sure the kernel detects 2 cpus then that P4 is HT! It has something to do with MCE_P4THERMAL or something ... which can be disabled but with great risk!
    Registered Linux User # 279330

Good Guru
    Hmm okay, thanks for that tag, since google found this (granted its for arch linux).

http://bugs.archlinux.org/?do=detail...&area=comments

Perhaps this may help?