Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Php installation

Thread: Php installation

Unhappy Php installation

Hi , I have installed Linux FC3 On my system(I have installed it complete).
    Is apache and php installed by default.I don't know how to run a php script on it. I would apreciate any help.

Good Guru
    I believed you can check with "rpm -q <packagename>" command.

If not installed, you can do "yum install <packagename". In your case, it would be "yum install apache2".

If you need further reading for how to use yum and stuff, check out here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

Good Guru
    I know jack **** about php to be honest but to find installed software you need to do the following:

rpm -qa | grep apache
    rpm -qa | php

That bar is the pipe symbol, and is very hady in Linux. On my keyboard it is next to the bracket key (a shift + \ ).

Alternatively, I would see if yumex runs on FC3 (should) and use that as a rather decent yum gui. And get yum setup too, that is a must.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Associate
    Quote Originally Posted by omidkamangar
    Hi , I have installed Linux FC3 On my system(I have installed it complete).
    Is apache and php installed by default.I don't know how to run a php script on it. I would apreciate any help.
    They usually are.

you run a php script by typing "php" at the command prompt

Actually you will usually follow that with the name of your script, like:

php index.php

Most php scripts are designed to output html code essentially so you can quickly check if index.php is doing what you want by doing the following:

php index.php > index.html

which will write the output to index.html (and *overwrite* any existing index.html file - be careful). You can then open index.html in your favourite browser to see if it looks the way you expect, eg:

firefox index.html

That's how I test my php scripts before uploading them to the webhosting servers.

Of course, it is probably best to set up your own apache & php servers on your localhost to test the whole thing live on your local machine but I haven't done this so can't help you there.

James