Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Looking for an Open Source HTML editor - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for an Open Source HTML editor

Good Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by cga
    I took a peek at the source for this site and must say that it's good code for a WYSIWYG editor. Did you do any post production hand coding or does it generate that on its own?
    I believed NO WYSIWYG editor will produce clean code that you will desire even if it's the most advanced programs. So, yes, I did some post production stuff but the design and lay out was made with NVU and a few post code clean up but that's about it. And plus manually CSS styling.

Even with that, I'm very happy with it. If you have ever used MS Frontpage created pages, you will appreciate very much of OSS HTML editors. I've nothing against MS Frontpage but it will try to stump every page even if it's not natively created with its program.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

Good Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart
    I have use NVU for only a brief moment, and it doesn't seem to handle tables very well. Merging three rows into one leaves... strange results...
    I've done that with NVU and it seems to do the job well.
    And yes, I know, tables are the devil.
    A famous FoBoT's Sig I will borrow here.

"The right tool for the right job"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No IT BS !!

I am a fan of JEdit for just about all my coding needs. It is in dire need of project support and as of late has gone a bit stagnant, but still a good editor no matter what opinion of Java you might have.
    jro -

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

How about NotePad Plus ?

Associate
    How Is Nvu doing with CSS and HTML ?

Is easy edit CSS files and easy see how it affects the html's page format ?

I am also loking for a HTML editor with fully CSS support

For example I want to be able to modify the http://oswd.org templates
    Last edited by roche; 09-21-2006 at 02:45 PM.

nice site compunuts!!
    telnet mtrek.game-host.org 1701

Good Guru
    Thanks PB.

No IT BS !!

NVU Usage and Other Stuff

NVU is an offshoot of the old Mozilla/Netscape Composer software. I started out with Composer, and quickly moved to NVU when I tried it the first time. It does incorporate some refinements which make it easier to generate cleaner code, but I still find I have to use an editor (I like KATE) for some cleanup and such afterward.

I've looked at Quanta Plus, and it's got some nice features, but I don't think I'm quite there yet. It can be helpful untangling spaghetti'd HTML, though.

So far, for image maps, nothing beats the GIMP in my experience. I was able to create an image map of the links at Desert Fox Disk Golf Course for my home page in about ten minutes.

Gotta run - I'm chewin' up bandwidth and my wife wants the connection for a while.

Later On,
    horus
    (who still hasn't got his cables finished for the router yet..)
    Addiction to the truth can be painful.

I got the OK for an interview from one of the developers of Nvu.

Anyone have any ideas for questions based on your experiences?

It is really a good opportunity to find out more about a good product and the challenges of software development. If you are a newbie and haven't posted, now's the time!

My sites:
    -

Check out Aptana, its based on Eclipse, so its open source and cross platform. I have been sold on it, if not simply for its amazing Javascript support.
    jro -

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7